Information system for document management
Most organisations feel that document management is becoming a necessity. Document management means storing, searching, distributing, changing and sharing information in a document form with the objective to improve efficiency of the organisation.
One of state-of-the-art document management systems is IS STAN, which is based on a modern technology JAVA Enterprise Edition (JAVA EE) and fully corresponds with the JCR standard (Java Content Repository). IS STAN represents a new category of document management systems – a tool for appraising of investments to information technologies.
The product was chosen as the main component of the complex Information System for Standardization for the Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic.
Support of document processing
IS STAN provides the processing of documents, files and content – Content management System (CMS). IS STAN features assure effective usage of the knowledge embedded in documents and files. IS STAN can be integrated with other systems, for example ERP, corporate portals etc.
What does IS STAN provide?
- storage and creation of internal documents – orders, invoices, delivery notes, price lists, standards, instructions etc.
- preparation and publishing of products’ documents, advertising brochures, CAD plans and other text documents
- administration of technological documentation and rules and their distribution to workplaces
- administration of incoming and outgoing correspondence
- document administration of quality management system (for example ISO 9000) and their distribution
- predefined profiles (for example AP, STANAG, WGDOC for defence standardization)
- grouping of documents into publications (synopsis, translations, additions and other types)
- display and modifications of publication profile information
- hierarchical structure of publication (projects and subprojects)
- advanced search of publications and documents according to a profile and other information
- fulltext search according to a document content
- checking-out and -in of document for outside processing, administration of versions
- archiving of publications and documents into an archival database
- document conversion to a digital form (scanning)
- different format support (doc, xls, pdf, …), MS Office integration
- high security, administration of users, groups and access rights
IS STAN has been developed using JAVA Enterprise Edition technology, which provides:
- platform independence
- database independence
- only an internet browser is needed
- efficiency, adaptability, extendibility and scalability
- easy configuration according user’s requests
IS STAN runs on MS Windows 2000/XP/2003, Mac OS, Linux, HP-UX, SUN Solaris and other operating systems supporting JDK 1.5 and may use databases PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, Informix, DB2, MySql and others, which support JDBC 2.0, application servers Tomcat, JBoss, BEA WebLogic, Oracle AS, IBM WebSphere, Borland AppServer and other.
IS STAN user interface is based on DHTML (dynamic HTML), so Internet Explorer 6.0+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5+ or Netscape 6+ and other DHTML browsers may be used.
HW and SW requirements
On the server side PC or server with this minimum configuration is needed:
- processor 2 GHz (3 GHz recommended)
- RAM 2 GB (4 GB recommended); HDD 200 GB for application + space for document files
- MS Windows 2000/XP/2003 or Linux, Unix
- Application server Tomcat and database server PostgreSQL are included in distribution – free of charge
On the client side PC with this minimum configuration is needed:
- processor 1 GHz (2 GHz recommended); RAM 256 MB
- MS Windows 2000/XP or Linux,Unix,MacOS; Internet Explorer 6+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5+